Welcome to the February 26, 2010 edition of Twitter Buzz. This is our first carnival post, and we’d love to hear feedback on how you like it!
How to Use Twitter
- Robert Bravery presents Blogging from the Brave Programmer – 10 Stupid Twitter Mistakes to Avoid posted at The Brave Programmer, saying, “If you want Twitter to work for you then take not of these mistakes and avoid them like the plague. Otherwise you will be a real Twit. Twit (noun) an offensive term that deliberately insults somebody’s common sense or consideration for others”
- James Feudo presents On-line Success: How Do You Use Twitter? | Overnight Sensation – Public Speaking, Communication and Personal Development posted at Overnight Sensation.
- Andy Hayes presents Why Twitter is Just a Personality Contest posted at Travel Online Partners (TOP), saying, “The title is tongue-in-cheek, but the free guide is a balanced and practical view on effective use of Twitter for small businesses.”
- Bonnie Landau presents 11 Ways to Start Conversations on Twitter posted at Simple Web Toolbox, saying, “Twitter is the talk of the town, but if you’re new to it, it can certainly feel overwhelming. You may have heard it has potential as an effective publicity/networking tool, but how the heck do you get to know people on Twitter?”
Making Twitter Fun
- Helena@GGT presents 11 Ways to Make Tweeting More Fun posted at Girl Goes Tech.
- Sam presents New Funny Twitter Jokes. 140 Characters of Hilarious Fun to Tweet !! posted at Funny Chix, saying, “I saved all my Twitter Jokes and put them on a web page for you. 140 characters of funny Tweets. Enjoy yourself. Laugh a lot.”
- Traci Hayner Vanover presents Measuring Social Media Influence – Social Media Best Practices posted at Traci Hayner Vanover – The Caffeinated Marketing Musings of the Promo Diva®.
People to Follow
- Mariana Ashley presents 100 Best Book Reviewers on Twitter posted at AccreditedOnlineColleges.org.
- Shannon Wills presents 50 Best Twitter Feeds to Follow the Economy posted at Online University Reviews.
Connecting Twitter to Other Outlets
- Kris presents Connecting Twitter to Your Facebook Account In 5 Easy Steps posted at Facebook Advertising | Social Media Marketing, saying, “Good “how to” -info for Twitter and Facebook users”
- Suhani presents Buzz about Google Buzz posted at OnlyGizmos.
- Diane Laine presents Top 25 Social Media & Networking Sites for Cops and Crimefighters posted at Justice City, USA, saying, “One way to make police and crimefighting work easier is to use social networking tools. Not only do crime fighters use sites such as FaceBook and Twitter to catch criminals, they use them for camaraderie and families of crimefighters use them for solace and support.”